Booking your brand photoshoot is a big deal! Whether it’s your first, second, or tenth, every shoot that you do tells your story in a different way. Each photoshoot should be fun, exciting, and confidence-boosting each time. So let’s take a look at 5 ways you can prepare for your best brand photoshoot ever.
Stepping in front of the camera is often a daunting prospect but there are ways that you can prepare yourself to feel ready and get you looking forward to your shoot day while feeling like the #bossbabe that you truly are!
1. Map it out – Prepare ahead of time
Being prepared ahead of time will do WONDERS for your shoot and the quality of photos that you’ll get from it.
Know which locations, outfits, props, and accessories you’ll be using will definitely help you to prepare for your best brand photoshoot ever. Write down what you’ll be using your photos for and have a few examples ready that you’d like to emulate in your own brand story.
The more prepared you are with this the smoother your shoot will run. And, this will allow you to focus your energy on enjoying your shoot day rather than worrying about getting all the shots that you need.
P.S. This is part of the experience that I offer each of my clients. You can read more about the full client experience here: What to expect from a brand photoshoot
2. Book off some time
Give yourself some much needed space around the shoot by taking some off from the everyday hustle before and after your shoot. Because you don’t want to be rushing back and forward and arrive at your shoot feeling frazzled.
Allow yourself space to get into your flow, to prepare both physically and mentality, and to celebrate yourself with some much needed “me time”.
3. Indulge in some self-care – the best part ever!
This is a biggie! Give yourself full permission to look after YOU so that you can show up as your best self at your shoot.
Use the day before your shoot to celebrate yourself and get into the right mindset for a wonderful shoot.
Need some ideas of how you can indulge in some self-care to prepare for your best brand photoshoot ever? Here you go:
- Book a massage.
- Visit a meditation coach for some mindset work (Nerisha from Mukti Healing is fabulous and based in Fourways, JHB).
- Take yourself out for lunch and do a bit of business dreaming and connecting with your goals.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Read a motivation book or listen to it on audio (I’ve recently finished Lucky Bitch by Denise Duffield-Thomas and have loved it!).
- Take a nap! Yes, I give you full permission to snooze on your couch today.
- Take a long, relaxing bath.
- Get a good night’s rest.
4. Work with a stylist
Choosing your outfits for your shoot can be one of the most stressful parts. My clients often come to me for help and I’m happy to oblige but working with a stylist will help tremendously and goes way beyond your shoot as well.
Stylist, and a client of mine, Lizanne Anderson from Hello Beautiful works with a range of clients and offers services like image consulting, colour analysis, wardrobe assessment, and so much more!
This is definitely an area I recommend spending some time on for a HUGE confidence boost.
4. Raise your mindset vibes
Having a high energy and tons of confidence on your photoshoot day is what’s going to make the difference between “nice” and “OMG! She’s stunning!” photos for your brand. But, it takes a little bit of prep work to step into that role if you’re not yet used to it.
The good news is that ANYONE can feel amazing in front of the camera, and that includes you (even if you’re arguing with me right now :).
Here are a few tips for growing that on-camera confidence:
- Put together an energy pumping playlist to bring along to your shoot.
- Make a list or a few cards with your favourite affirmations on and have them handy for when you need a boost.
- Be as prepared as you can be – this will help you to relax more during the shoot.
- Really KNOW your photographer!
- I spend weeks ahead of shoots getting to know my clients and learning about their brands, dreams, families, etc. This is crucial to us spending a lovely, relaxed day together instead of having to “break the ice” at the shoot.
- Know your brand mission. Remind yourself that these photos are being created for you to grow your amazing brand. Think about all the ways you’ll use them and how they will generate more business for you.
- Take your time and breathe. Rushing through the photoshoot is only going to raise any anxiety you might have. Enjoy little breather breaks, have a coffee, snack, or chat in between scenes to help you ground yourself.
Last little sprinkling of advice…
Celebrate you! By embarking on your brand shoot you’re acknowledging how passionate you are about your business and all that you’ve created. You deserve this, you get to own this, you are an inspiration!
I would love to hear your story and to create magical images that bring it to light. Why not get in touch today and let’s see what we can create together.